Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Journal #5 Chapters 13-14 Perspective of: Scout

Journal #5
Chapters 13-14
Perspective of: Scout

I really don't like Aunt Alexandria. She's so mean and she thinks she's the boss in the house. I won't even listen to her anymore she's just a fly in the background of my life. She always calls me a disgrace to the family and I don't think that she even knows what she sounds like. She might just be like Mrs. Dubose and she doesn't mean any harm. But I don't think that's what's going on. I just think that she just wants us to feel terrible and then she'll just leave. I don't know weather she's tryin' to help this family or hurt it. The whole story behind this mess is Aunt Alexandria moved into our house and now she's wrecking everything. She always wants Jem and I to change our personalities or our clothes. She always tells me to act more lady like and to stop yelling or something like that. I just want to smack her silly sometimes. Aunt Alexandria also starts arguments about his case or how to raise me. She even tried to get him to fire Calpurnia! I mean Calpurnia is a really good friend, why would Aunt Alexandria try to get rid of her. I don't really understand much about any of this but I might AQUIRE some knowledge later. Aunt Alexandria is really starting ANTAGONIZE me though and I hope she gets some sense into her so all this stops. Later I found Dill in my house! He was hiding under my bed and said that he ran away from his parents because he thought that they didn't care about him anymore as far as spending time with him goes. I didn't expect him to EMERGE from under my bed. It was weird considering how long he had not talked to me or even seen me. Dills appearance was good COMPENSATION for Aunt Alexandria moving in. At first Dill was his usual self with his made up stories and fantasies. Later I was able to EXTRACT the real story from him and it wasn't as daring as I thought it would be. I'm just glad Dills here. The more kids there are in the house, the more outnumbered Aunt Alexandria is. Also, I saved Atticus from a mob! Should be a super hero! Jem Dill and I all snuck out of the house to find Atticus and we saw him sitting in front of the jail and a mob came up to attack him! So I ran in and talked to Mr. Cunningham, who was in the mob, and told him about how we invited Walter into our house and we all had a good time. So I guess he felt guilty and he called off the mob. Once they all drove away I found out that Mr. Underwood was watching the mob the whole time and Atticus and Mr. Underwood knew this would happen the whole time. So I guess I wasn't a big hero considering that Mr. Underwood had a gun with him. At least he didn't have to use it.

No comments:

Post a Comment