Sunday, May 9, 2010

Journal #2 Chapters 4-7 Perspective of: Scout

Journal #2
Chapters 4-7
Perspective of: Scout

Second grade seems to be getting better. As my life goes on I think that more adventure is headed my way. Dill has now left but I still feel his presence as I walk by his house, he'll be back soon enough. The days have gone by fast. I realize now that I am growing up faster than ever and everything I have done has become a blur of the past. The only memories that stick with me, are the memories of the Radley place. The pants, the shadows, the gun...they have stuck with me. For the days that didn't involve that house are almost obsolete compared to the wonder and terror I have experienced at that house. For the moment Jem seems to be petrified with fear of what will come. The fact that someone sewed up his pants and just left them there...it scares me. It almost seems as if they knew he was coming back. But even if they did, why would they be so nice to him? I thought that the Radley's were a mean bunch. Why would they just help us out all of a sudden? Or are thy just trying to strike fear into our hearts? That probably the most likely thing that would happen. Those creepy old Radlys better stay in that house because I don't ever want to see Boo face to face. It makes me wonder what DYNAMICS made Jem even want to explore the Radley place. I'm already terrified of going near it or even eating the fruit on their trees. I guess Dill can make you do stuff if he persuedes you. I mean, that kid and I don't mix well, and yet he wants to marry me. He needs to get his head straight. He's just a daring kid who doesn't have a brain! Anyone who actually likes talking to Boo is a wacko! Dill doesn't even live here, so how would he know about what the Radleys are like! He's so mean too. I think Jem might be taking after Dill. Jem's always talking about how wimpy I am because I'm a girl. He acts like he's on his own PULPIT and that all boys are great. I think he's wrong. Just because I'm a girl doesn't mean I'm scared all the time. Heck, I'm not scared, he just has less sense than me! I told him not to go and look into the Radley house and he did! Now look what happened. He's more afraid than I am! I love my brother though and I don't think I'll ever hate him, no matter how annoying he is. I just hope he can keep his mind calm for awhile. He's going to need a calm head if he wants to get to the bottom of this. My Dad also seems to be a little more watchful over Jem and I lately. Ever since he first saw us playing the Radley game, he seems to watch us more closely. I love my Dad and I know he loves me, but it's hard to keep that trust that we have when Dill and Jem pressure me into doing stupid things. I can't say that I'm perfectly innocent though. I've done some bad stuff too, but what we're doing isn't as bad as it is life threatening! I just hope that If Atticus ever catches us doing something bad, he has mercy on us. I just hope he can rescue us once the Radleys suck us into their house and try to kill us. Maybe Boo will even kill me with scissors! I can't Believe that we found all of that stuff in the Radley's tree! It's like someones hiding spot that is left exposed just for us! It almost seems as if the tree was BECKONING to us that we should look inside of it. Our curiosity was like a PESTILENCE to one another. It lead each of us onto a path that we should not have crossed. I know that the stuff we find in that tree comes from someone and when they find out that we took their stuff, their going to be really mad. I wonder who's been watching us though because no one I know can carve that good and they have to be watching us a lot to get that much detail. I hope that the person has a sense of CORDIALITY with Jem and I so we don't get into anymore trouble. One things for sure though, whoever is putting stuff in that tree really likes us, or is trying to persuade us. Even if they are trying to persuade us, they sure are giving us some nice things to play with. Like that watch we found. I remember when Jem was messing with that watch trying to get it to work. I guess he just got tired of using our Grandpas watch. Maybe it was because he had to take good care of it. I think with this one he'll be able to what he wants with it as long as it still works. I don't know if my Dad would be very happy if he threw it and it still worked after that. Anyway I hope that whoever has been putting stuff in that tree knows that it's plugged up now. It's a shame too, I was having fun with that tree.

1 comment:

  1. woaaaah! this is super good, but i noticed a few errors so just re read your blog before you post

    ReplyDelete