Perspective:Ralph
Journal Entry #5
This is a lazy island. Everyone here is lazy. I don't know how much longer I can take this! Piggy and Simon are doing okay, but Jack is too over confident to realize that hunting isn't the only thing we need to do! I called an assembly to discuss these matters. All these kids sat down on the platform as Jack TEMPESTUOUSLY jumped on and started a major argument. It ended up with our group splitting in two. I need to solve this somehow. Anyway the concerns that I brought up are that No ones doing their job. The Cocoanut fillers got lazy. The fire keepers got lazy and a ship passed by us! Also everyone stopped building the huts so Simon and I were stuck building the last one alone. At least Simon still has some DECORUM. Since Jack has been challenging me lately our island group has pretty much split into two groups. I'm not very happy about that. But I am happy that Jack isn't all up in my face right now. One other thing that's gone a little haywire is the littleuns. There LAMENTATION in there sleep is getting worse and worse. The reason they are crying is they say that there is a beast that comes out of the water. Everyone says that's what got the boy with the mulberry birthmark. I say it's LUDICROUS. All this DISCURSIVE about that water beast. Someone needs to teach those littluns, especially Percival, there are no such things as beasts. I say the dirtiest thing about human nature is our selfish violent, competitive, minds. If our minds all worked the same then there would be no issues in the world. But were all different, and that's what's been tearing our group apart. As the leader I have to make decisions. Even though I don't like making all these decisions I have too. I feel I have grown very strong since we first got to the island. I have become more mature and I'm not afraid of most things I used to be. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go do my job.
Sunday, October 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment