Perspective: Jack.
Journal Entry #4
I am probably the luckiest kid alive! I can kill, I have power, and I can do whatever I want!
I managed to catch a wonderful meal today. It was a pig! A living, breathing, pig! And I did it I was the one to make the final move. I feel so proud. And to think I was actually scared to kill at one time, HA! I laugh just thinking about it. I love this island. Although it is very different from England. There are no cars, buildings, queens, castles, or adults. NO ADULTS! No one to control me or tell me what to do. Ha ha! Oh one other thing about this island is that there are all these littluns and I can't take it! They are so BLATANT! I can deal with these kids doing nothing all day but when they cry at night I just go insane. Ralph has to be on there side that kid just makes me mad. He took my spot as chief and he made me look stupid in front of everyone! Who cares about fire!? We want meat and that's what we went and got. Ralph thinks I have some BELLIEREGNCE in me. I think he's more stubborn. Well anyways back to the pig so my hunting group painted their faces because I think that the pig can see us instead of smelling us or hearing us. So we painted our faces and we circled the pig and got it. I think that this all foreshadows a great way to get meat. Or any other living thing we want. If we can camouflage than we can catch food. I killed that pig MALEVOLENTLY and when I cut it GOUTS of blood came out. Although I might need some BALM for my scratches I got a good catch. When my face is painted I feel like a real hunter, and I feel stealthy. Ralph is getting all mad at me because a little dot in the ocean that was supposedly a ship passed by and didn't see us because our fire was out. Again I have to tell this kid that we needed meat and we needed it now. So I gathered up everyone and we caught the pig. Oh oh! I also feel happy because I got everyone to do this chant that went like, “Kill the pig. Cut her throat.” It was the coolest thing ever! All this came from me killing that pig! I have such a desire to kill and I think it came from somewhere inside me. Somewhere inside me I was trying to prove Ralph wrong. And I did. Shows what he knows. Anyway I need to gather more firewood. I will pick this up another time.
Monday, September 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment