The Sound of the Shell
The Island and the Kid
Perspective: Ralph
Journal entry #1
Okay well I've never written one of these journal things before but seeing how there's nothing to do on this island I'll give it a shot. So I guess a lot has happened in the first couple of days. I became the leader of a tribe and I almost got meat for dinner. I wish jack would have just killed that stupid pig and we would have ad a nice dinner. So much for being the hunter. Anyway we crashed on this beautiful island a few hours ago. There is blue clear water everywhere and great fruit and rocky landscapes. The mountains are tall and the forest is greener than any other forest I've seen. Also on the beach ther are many palm fronds and palm trees. I think that this island is at least two miles around and in the center there is nothing but forests. All these little intricacies are what make this place cool. I've got to admit that this isn't such a bad place to crash. Well that's what I think. Well I guess whoever is reading this might want to know why I was on a plane. It's currently world war two as you may know or not and we had to find safety. So I was put on a plane and I was headed to the north part of England where there is no war at the time.
We were hit by some sort of shell or missile and our plane crashed on this island. Oh yeah my name is Ralph. I guess I should have mentioned that first. My other friend is Piggy. He is kind of chunky but I think he has a very bright mind and it shouldn't be put to waste. Then there is Jack. The guy is a jerk to everybody. He has a knife so he seems a little specious. He also doesn't even have a use in the tribe yet so I'm thinking about banishing him. Okay maybe not that's a little harsh. But still he's a jerk. Then there is Simon I don't know this guy a lot. All that I know is that he faints every time he gets nervous. Some good that's gonna do us. I think there aren't any adults on this island because when we crashed the only people that came were kids. Oh another thing is that I found this super awesome conch shell and it was the perfect shape and everything for a horn it even looked tow like me. I blew it and that's what attracted all the people. I feel so powerful. When I blew the conch shell I think that was as spark of effulgence. I think I got to be leader because I got the conch shell and I'm much nicer than Jack. I think the choirs job should be hunting because there all used to being a team and I think being a hunter requires teamwork so hopefully that will work out well.
Thursday, September 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment