My Meadow
Perspective: Simon
Huts on the Beach
Journal Entry #3
Today I had such a great day. It's been at least a week on the island and I'm making great progress. Today I helped Ralph build two little huts on the beach for shelter. I feel so accomplished! I wish I was more like Ralph he's so, so, leaderish! To me it's inscrutable how good he is. Well anyways I was building this hut on the beach for the little ones. The reason Is that their scared of the beastie that lurks around. I think that this island is so big that the snake thing wont even come for us. All those kids up at night just makes me so sad so I figured there had to be some way to help them and I think this was it. I'm glad I wasn't assigned a certain job. All the other boys got a specific job and I didn't. It makes me feel left out and relaxed at the same time. I think all of us were assigned a job though because we all need to do our part in keeping this island going if we want to live. Some people got fire watcher, some got to be hunters, and the rest of the kids just go and get water and fruit. But still none of them are doing it they are just slaking off. I agree with Piggy were all just acting like a bunch of kids. Were going to have some vicissitudes if we don't get up and do our jobs. I just think every ones to lazy to do their job. But one task I think that's key for survival is food and water gathering plus ship look out. The reason I think that is we need food and water but we also need someone looking for planes and ships. Oh well I guess if your reading this you might want to know what I look like. I'm short, skinny, and tan colored. I have black hair sparkly eyes. And I'm currently wearing no shoes and tattered shorts. I think I'm very helpful and I like making people happy. I hope we get rescued soon I think some people will start to go mad if we don't hurry up. We all know that Jack has that knife and I don't want to be around him when he gets the urge to kill. That is once he stops wimping out and does it already. The kid hasn't caught anything all week. I'm glad I have my secret spot though. It's covered with thick tendrils and vines so no one can see it. It's so opaque that the whole area is just a shadow. Whenever I get bored I have a strange compulsionto go there. As a matter of fact, I think I'll go there right now.
Thursday, September 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment