Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Stupid Jack!: Fire on the Mountain

Perspective: Piggy
Journal entry #2
Hello Journal,
I'm glad I have you if I didn't there would be nothing to do on this island. So its around the second day here on the island and I don't know where to go from here. That one boy Jack is really getting on my nerves. His errant behavior makes me want to come out in recrimination! He makes fun of me, he pinched my specs. And now hes interrupting me even though I have the conch! How does this fool think were going to survive if he can't even respect his own teammates! If only my Auntie were here...she would straighten him up for me. Well I'm starting to enjoy being on this island a bit. Everyone seems to be capering right now. I don't know what it holds in store for us though. I think there is something about this island that isn't going to go well. If my Auntie a\hadn't induced me to go on that plane I wouldn't be in this mess. There was this one boy with markings on his face that said there was some sort of beastie on the island. He said it was a snake like creature and I have a hard time not believing that after he disappeared. I think this beastie represents some sort of demon of fear that's coming from the island. Personally I have to admit that I am not a brave person. I am quite shy and I don't think that I will be able to sleep some nights thinking about that snake thing. Well I guess I should start to think about ways to get rescued. We built a fire on top of a mountain to make a smoke signal but we couldn't keep it going for long. The problem was that everything was so dry like the branches and leaves it didn't burn for long. I think we should build rock S.O.S signs and make colorful flags in high areas. I want to go back home as quick as possible and be safe again. I don't like being alone. I also don't like being excluded. All these boys are skinny and well in shape. I'm fat and I don't think I have enough strength in my body to do hard labor. But I think I am much more intelligent than all of them. It makes me feel proud that I am so much more mature and smart then all of them I don't need to be in great physical strength to be one of the best boys. But when I go to sleep at night I only can think of what adventure will come tomorrow. I just hope I can get off this island soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment