NAME: Jonathan B DATE: 2/18/10
BOOK: Echo Park
AUTHOR: Michael Connely PAGES: 229-330
TOTAL PAGES THIS WEEK: 101 pages.
QUESTION 1: 7. How did what you read today make you feel? Why?
RESPONSE 1: Today when I was reading I had a sense that is hard to describe. It sort of felt like a sense that, well...felt like the story was over. Detective Bosch finally killed the man behind the many killings and abductions. The ending was so sudden and short. It felt to me like the story had a little more to it than that. I still have around seventy five more pages to read but the main plot of the story seems to have ended. Bosch still has to find the real killer of Marie Gesto though so hopefully that will also be exciting as well. Today I just fell like the killer that I read about should still be in the story.
QUESTION 2: 15. Make up a motto that one of the characters seems to live by. How and why does this fit the character?
RESPONSE 2: A motto I think would fit Detective Harry Bosch would be, “Don't tell me what to do! That's my job!” The reason being that Harry is disobedient as much as he can obey an order. In the book, Bosch spends a lot of time disobeying orders regulations that are for his own safety. In one part of the book Bosch is ordered to not work on the case he has, and to stay away from the crime scene as much as possible. Of course Bosch works his way around his boss's orders and he starts investigating almost right away.
Thursday, February 18, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment